Transporters bodies have called for a nationwide strike with a charter of demands.
STRIKES paralyse a growing economy like INDIA. This doesn’t augur well for India to reach its targeted GDP growth.
Logisticians must practice a set of Do’s and don’ts in this challenging period:
- Priority should be given to safeguard life and goods while planning out logistics: It is very important to have reliable & intelligent vendors to cater to your transportation needs during a national transport strikes, as the requirement of goods at some facility or point of consumption would be acutely needed to ensure minimal downtime.
- Ply on routes with least hassles: Route planning is very important to ensure the cargo reaches safely. Stay away from toll booths, major highways, ports & more frequented roads. Stay away from notorious routes.
- Cautious & Reliable Driver: If the driver sees or senses any trouble ahead, it is wise for him to park the truck on the side of the road.. Strikers will usually leave them alone. A driver should also be able to tactfully handle these situations to ensure the truck, cargo & his safety are not jeopardized. A reliable driver is always worth the extra freight.
- Don’t keep a deadline for vehicle placement & delivery: At these times, it is safer to keep your cargo within your premises rather in transit. If transit is utmost required, give the transporter & driver leeway to act according to the current situation. It is wise not to pressure them to reach within a specific time.
- Wee hour driving: Driving after sun down & before 10am is preferable.
- Parking vehicles: It is wise to park vehicles at parking locations which are under lock & key and where safety can be assured.
- Convoy: Safety in numbers is your best bet. Transporters should ensure all their trucks move together during such instances, making it difficult for trouble makers to single out a particular vehicle.
We sincerely hope your transportation is safe and secure!
Click on the link to find out more: http://www.valueshipr.com/
Click the link to register & search for transporters for free: https://rc-cargo.valueshipr.com/login;redirect=dashboard